Tuesday 22 February 2011

Sketchbook Page


I have chosen these pieces of work as they show a range of my drawing and textiles ability. I have included life drawing, fashion illustration, pages from my sketchbooks and a variety of drawings and textile samples based on my final major project theme which is Indian beading.
I particularly enjoy creating samples using embroidery and beading techniques, I love finding old and broken jewellery and other unusual findings and using it within my work to create interesting pieces.  I also like researching into other cultures and being influenced by traditional dress, architecture and art from different parts of the world especially India as I love the rich colours used in their traditional textiles.
I would love to study at Manchester as I think it is an inspiring, vibrant and multi cultural city and studying at Manchester Met will give me many opportunities to help me further a career in textiles. I look forward to discussing my work further with you at interview. 

No comments:

Post a Comment